How much will it cost?
April & May 2014 guide training courses
Wayo Africa will yet again be conducting our popular guide training courses during April and May 2014.
Spaces are limited so book early!
Here are details about the courses:
Location: All training will take place inside Lake Manyara National Park (Tanzania)
Duration: All courses will be 12-days
Dates: We will conduct 5 courses from the 24th of March till the 26th of May.
Accommodation and meals: All guides will be accommodated in a stylish mobile camp sleeping 3 to 4 to a tent with their own bath-room. beds and all linen will be provided. Meals will be prepared by chefs and will be local Tanzanian meals served in a dinning tent.
Instructors: Two extremely experienced guide trainers from South Africa will conduct the training. Sean Robertson and Wayne De Brake have been instructors for many years and are regarded as two of the best trainers in African. They will be assisted by Tamara Hoskins a student from a guide training collage in South Africa.
These courses are not aimed at beginner guides but at guides who have already been guiding for a few years. Fluent English is essential. Two of the courses will be of a much higher level and aimed at highly experienced guides.
Every course will cover the following topics:
- - Effective communication (as always)
- Professional guiding principals, conduct and standards
- Creative guiding skills
- Theory: We find that a huge amount of theoretical topics gets covered during this course. On practical game drives or walks guides can ask any question they have and those will be answered. In terms of theoretical class room sessions we would like to focus on; insects, medical and medicinal trees, birds.
Training will be conducted in the following ways:
- Small group game drives
- Small group walking safaris
- Theoretical class room sessions mostly in the field
- Self study
- Group study
- Individual presentations
- Group presentations
- Multi media presentations
US$800 per Tanzanian citizen
30% deposit required to confirm the space and full payment required 30-days prior to the course.
This will include:
- All accommodation, meals and water
- All training and training manuals
- All park fees
- All transport inside the National Park
This does not include:
- Transport to and from the park gate
- Any soft drinks in camp (these are available to buy)
For more information please email:
For bookings and reservations please email firstname.lastname@example.org